Hello!
I am new to this site. I have a pair of 872A's and I don't know anything about them.
The number on them is 391251 and 5782 in larger numbers.
Can someone help me, please?
Thanks!
Hello!
I am new to this site. I have a pair of 872A's and I don't know anything about them.
The number on them is 391251 and 5782 in larger numbers.
Can someone help me, please?
Thanks!
Need info on 872A system!
The 872A also named Madrid employs a 420 bi flex speaker capable of low and high frequency
reproduction.
This site will explain how the bi flex works.
http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage...%20Speaker.pdf
.............................
Thank you for the information; do you have any idea on what they might be worth?
It's hard to give an accurate estimate. The cones are no longer available. Can be converted
into a low frequency woofer by GPA. If in good condition and all frequencies can be heard to 14 K then you can ask for 1000$ for both. But this is just an estimate. Perhaps someone else would like to comment.
Not if you actually want to sell them.
There was a pair on AA a couple months ago for $125;
Asylum Trader - Altec 872a Alnico mags a over looked Altec
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
Notice,he added a tweeter in the center of the 420. Perhaps they are defective. Then htey would be worth only 125$.
............................
Bookmarks